In 1958 the old Douglas County
Courthouse structure was set for demolition once the
government offices were moved to the new location. However The
Douglas County Tourism and History Commission was successful in
saving the Old Courthouse structure to be solely used as a
museum. The Museum became a reality and now houses extensive
collections of local historical artifacts and art.
The Douglas County Tourism and History Commission was also successful in getting the Old Courthouse structure built in 1958 listed on the National Register of Historic Places, as it is one of the few remaining examples of the International Style opf Architecture in the United States.
Douglas County Museum of History and Art.
Groups of 10 or more wishing to tour the Museum are requested to call ahead for a reservation. Admission is always free, however donations are appreciated! Call 678-449-3939 for a group reservation.
Follow us on Facebook!